Italian Tomato and Bread Salad
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- roma tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4-1/2 c
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- granulated garlic
- 3 slice
- ciabatta bread toasted (or day old bread works well)
- 1 tsp
- chopped fresh or dried basil
How to Make Italian Tomato and Bread Salad
- 1Cut up the tomatoes into wedges.
- 2Cut the onion into diagonal slices
- 3Add salt and mix together
- 4Use ¼ cup olive oil drizzled over the tomato mixture (add more if needed to moisten bread)
- 5Pour in ¼ c water
- 6Cut the ciabatta bread into chunk pieces and put in the salad
- 7Add the garlic and basil and mix well.
- 8Mix it all together until bread is soft and saturated with the olive oil mixture.
- 9Let the flavors marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.