Italian Tomato and Bread Salad
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4-1/2 colive oil
2 tspgranulated garlic
3 sliceciabatta bread toasted (or day old bread works well)
1 tspchopped fresh or dried basil
How to Make Italian Tomato and Bread Salad
- Cut up the tomatoes into wedges.
- Cut the onion into diagonal slices
- Add salt and mix together
- Use ¼ cup olive oil drizzled over the tomato mixture (add more if needed to moisten bread)
- Pour in ¼ c water
- Cut the ciabatta bread into chunk pieces and put in the salad
- Add the garlic and basil and mix well.
- Mix it all together until bread is soft and saturated with the olive oil mixture.
- Let the flavors marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.