I made sandwiches this summer for some friends, my grandaughter, Kristen and myself. We went on an outing here in Alaska for the day! The sandwiches were a hit. One friends' fiance' who is an attorney had some after she returned home and called me after he had some to ask if I would make him more ham salad, He LOVED it!! lol
3 cground ham, fully cooked (do not use ham with added water)
2 Tbspcelery, finely chopped
2 tsponion, finely chopped
1hard boiled egg, chopped
2 tspsweet pickle relish
1/4 ccheddar cheese, shredded (optional) *i use it
How to Make Ham Salad
- In a mixing bowl, combine ham, celery, and onion.
Place in refrigerator.
- In another bowl, mix together mustard, egg, relish, cheese, and mayonnaise; add to ham mixture.
- Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.
1. It is best to let ham mixture sit in refrigerator until it gets really cold, even over night.
2. I buy a large ham and cook it fresh, then grind up in a processor what I need and freeze the rest in cut up chunks storing it in either a vacuum sealed bags, 2 ziplocks (one inside the other) or in a tight sealable container. It's easier to freeze amounts you will use for different things. I also, if ham has a bone in it - freeze ham bone with a bit of meat on it separately and use for soups!