☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbgarden tomatoes, cored & rough chopped
2 Tbspred wine vinegar
1/2 tspherbs de provence
1 tspminced garlic
12fresh basil leaves, julienned
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
1/2 lbciabatta bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
8 ozcheese curds cut in half if large
1/2 lbpeameal bacon, slivered
1head romaine lettuce chopped
How to Make Grilled Cheese Curd & Bacon Panzanella
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, red wine vinegar, garlic, Herbs de Provence, basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 4 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Set aside.
- Chop Romaine and place in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl toss the remaining olive oil with the bread cubes-coat well.
- Set a grill pan over medium-high heat. (I use cast iron)
- When hot "grill" the bread cubes until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- While skillet is hot and still oiled (you may need to brush on a little more oil) add curds in a single layer.
- Turn off heat and watch curds. You want them crisp and brown on the bottom-just melting on top.
- I find it's easiest to remove curds with a fork-transfer to a plate.
- While the skillet is still warm toss in slivered peameal bacon-move it around a little-set aside (as in leave it alone where it is)
- Into the bowl with the lettuce add the tomato mixture.
- Toss well and add bacon, tossing again.
- Divide into bowls and top with warm cheese curds, serve.