Greek Mushroom Salad
·small amount of oil
1/2 lbfresh mushrooms, quartered (or sliced if you prefer)
3 clovegarlic, minced
1 tspdry basil
8 ozcherry tomatoes, halved
·salt to taste
·pepper to taste
·small amount of feta cheese to garnish, if desired
4 Tbspolive oil
4 Tbsplemon juice
1 1/2 Tbspsugar
1 tspdried parsley
How to Make Greek Mushroom Salad
- Place tomato halves in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a medium skillet. Gently saute mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, don't over cook.
- Add garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Cook for another minute or two. Remove from heat and cool. Add to tomatoes.
- Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, sugar and parsley in a measuring cup.
- Stir dressing gently into tomato mushroom mixture.
Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Check salt and add if needed.
- Drain before serving. Garnish with feta cheese, if desired.