Fresh Mozzarella Salad
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ground nuts
- 3 cups mixed fresh salad greens
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
How to Make Fresh Mozzarella Salad
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Cut mozzarella into eight 1/2 inch thick slices. Marinate in olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 3Mix bread crumbs and ground nuts. Dredge marinated cheese slices in bread crumb/nut mixture. Put on baking sheet. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes or til warm.
- 4Put salad greens in a bowl and toss with vinegar. Put salad greens on plates. Top with warm mozzarella and garnish with prosciutto, olives and tomatoes. Makes 4 servings.