Fresh Basil, Corn and Tomato Salad
1 smallonion, diced
1 mediumcucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1 largetomato, seeded and diced
1/4 cfresh basil, chiffonaded or chopped
3 Tbspvegetable oil
3 Tbspcider vinegar
1 1/2 Tbspsugar
How to Make Fresh Basil, Corn and Tomato Salad
- Microwave corn, 2 ears at a time in the husks, for 3 1/2 minutes. Shuck and allow to cool.
- Cut kernels off the cob and place in a large bowl.
- Add onion, tomato, cucumber and basil and gently toss.
- For the dressing: mix together oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add to corn mixture and toss gently. Adjust salt and pepper. Allow the salad to stand for 30 minutes or so before serving. Or, refrigerate for several hours. Serve cold or a room temp.