Eggless Egg Salad
Great for sandwiches.
Note: Use silken tofu (unrefrigerated, often found in the Asian food section), not regular tofu.
Adapted from the recipe on the package of Mori-Nu organic silken firm tofu.
1 pkgsilken firm tofu
3 Tbspeggless mayonnaise
1/4 tspagave nectar
1/8 tspdry mustard
2 Tbspsweet pickle relish
2 Tbspminced green onions
2 Tbspminced celery
1/8 tspfreshly ground black pepper
How to Make Eggless Egg Salad
- Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towels.
- Crumble tofu into medium bowl. (A potato masher works well for this, or do by hand.)
- In another small bowl, mix eggless mayo, agave nectar, salt, turmeric, and mustard.
- Add tofu to mixture in small bowl. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- You can serve right away, but it tastes better if the flavors blend in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.