Crab Salad 4 A Crowd
Mrs. Michael J. Lively
- 1 large
- loaf of whole grain white bread
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 1 large
- sweet onion
- eggs, hard boiled, cooled, peeled and dried
- 3 c
- mayo, made w/olive oil
- 2 11oz can(s)
- crab from costco or 4 small cans
- 2 c
- celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- johnny salt
- 1 tsp
- fine ground pepper
How to Make Crab Salad 4 A Crowd
- 1Soften butter so when you spread it, it doesn't tear the bread [2 seconds @ a time on high in your micro should do it (not melted)]. Lightly butter both sides of bread, stack in 2 stacks on wax paper. Do not butter heels. Trim the crust from stacks. Cut stacks into cubes and put in a very large bowl.
- 2Chop onion and add to bread.
- 3Dice eggs and add to bread. Mix well w/a large slotted folding spoon. Cover tightly, refrigerate over night.
- 4Mix, Mayo, Johnny salt, pepper, cleaned, dried and chopped celery and crab. Cover tightly, refrigerate overnight. About an hour before you are serving the salad combine the the mayo mix w/the bread mix.