It's delicious made the "unhealthy way", but if you would like to make it healthier choose turkey bacon and low fat mayo.
Makes a large bowl - enough for a gathering.
- 1 box
- jiffy cornbread mix
- 3 bunch
- broccoli, fresh, chopped or broken up
- 1 large
- cauliflower head, chopped or broken up
- 12 oz
- bacon, cooked
- 1 small
- red onion, finely chopped
- 2 c
How to Make Cornbread Salad
- 2While cornbread is baking, cook bacon in skillet until crisp. Drain on paper towel and let cool completely.
- 3In large bowl, mix together the raw cauliflower, broccoli, & chopped red onion. Once bacon is cool, chop finely or put into a food processor. Add it to your veggie mixture.
- 4When cornbread is completely cool, crumble it into bowl with bacon and veggies. Last is to fold in the mayonnaise. Tastes better after it has chilled in the refrigerator for awhile.