It taste better if you fix it the night before and refrigerate it overnight.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I had never heard of Cornbread Salad before so I couldn’t wait to try this one! I absolutely love the different layers of taste and textures. This will be a wonderful recipe to take to summer gatherings. The Test Kitchen
2 pkgmexican cornbread (any kind)
2 can(s)pinto beans (drained)
2 can(s)whole kernal corn (drained)
1green bell pepper (chopped)
6-8green onions (chopped)
2 pkgranch dressing mix
2 csour cream
2 ccheddar cheese (shredded)
1 pkgbacon bits
How to Make Cornbread Salad
- Prepare cornbread as directed on package, cool.
- Stir together ranch dressing mix, sour cream and mayonnaise until blended; set aside.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, bell peppers and onions. Toss gently.
- Open corn and pinto beans, drain, mix together.
- Crumble the cornbread into a large rectangle dish (or large bowl).
- Pour half the beans and corn mixture on the crumbled corn bread and spread evenly.
- Pour half the greens and tomato mixture on top of the beans and corn mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle half the shredded cheese on top of this and then repeat these layers.
- Top with the topping mixture and sprinkle bacon bits on very top.