CORNBREAD PANZANELLA SALAD
- cups of cubed corn bread
- cup grape tomatoes
- cup small cubed fontina cheese--don't substitute
- cup chopped basil (fresh only)
- cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon, zested and juiced
- teaspoon kosher salt
- teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make CORNBREAD PANZANELLA SALAD
- 1Make the cornbread ahead so it is ready for you to prepare the salad. Cut the cornbread into small cubes. Jiffy mix is okay to use.
- 2Combine the cornbread, tomatoes, fontina cheese and basil leaves in a small serving bowl. Set bowl in the fridge until dinner time.
- 3Make the dressing. In a pint jar, combine the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Put a lid on it, shake the bottle and place in the fridge until dinner time.
- 4When you are ready to serve the salad, shake the dressing, pour it over the ingredients in the serving bowl, and mix very gently to combine without tearing up the cornbread. Do a taste test to make sure it has enough salt. Serve immediately.