Cool & Crunchy Salmon Salad
This would generally serve 3. I usually double the recipe....we love it!
- 1 large
- canned salmon (abt 14.75 oz)
- 3 large
- eggs, hard boiled, cooled, chopped
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped celery
- 3 Tbsp
- finely minced onion
- 1 c
- frozen green peas, do not defrost
- 1/2 c
- mayonnaise, or
- enough to bind the salad but not be squishy
- 1 dash(es)
- salt (if desired) and pepper to taste
- lettuce leaves for serving
How to Make Cool & Crunchy Salmon Salad
- 1Drain salmon well. Do NOT discard the bones.
- 2CRUSH the bones so that you get the calcium from them. They will not choke anyone. Get your hands in there and crush them up and mix them into the salmon flesh.
- 3Mix all ingredients except the mayo. If frozen peas are used, which I prefer, stir them right in frozen. It instantly chills the salad so it is cold and ready to eat in 5 minutes. Mix the ingredients well. Stir in mayo to coat and bind the salad together.
- 4Serve on a bed of lettuce or as my mother called it, "a lettuce cup". It is also great as a sandwich filling.
- 5If desired you may use about a cup of well drained canned peas instead of the frozen peas.