Cool & Crunchy Salmon Salad
This would generally serve 3. I usually double the recipe....we love it!
1 largecanned salmon (abt 14.75 oz)
3 largeeggs, hard boiled, cooled, chopped
1 1/2 cchopped celery
3 Tbspfinely minced onion
1 cfrozen green peas, do not defrost
1/2 cmayonnaise, or
·enough to bind the salad but not be squishy
1 dash(es)salt (if desired) and pepper to taste
·lettuce leaves for serving
How to Make Cool & Crunchy Salmon Salad
- Drain salmon well. Do NOT discard the bones.
- CRUSH the bones so that you get the calcium from them. They will not choke anyone. Get your hands in there and crush them up and mix them into the salmon flesh.
- Mix all ingredients except the mayo. If frozen peas are used, which I prefer, stir them right in frozen. It instantly chills the salad so it is cold and ready to eat in 5 minutes. Mix the ingredients well. Stir in mayo to coat and bind the salad together.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or as my mother called it, "a lettuce cup". It is also great as a sandwich filling.
- If desired you may use about a cup of well drained canned peas instead of the frozen peas.