·pecans, halved or in pieces
·leftover bread choice, cubed; i used some biscuit
·celery leaves, chopped & do include all the tender part of the celery
·extra sharp cheddar cheese grated
·dressing of choice or a quick homemade dressing
·anything else you think you want
How to Make Celerybration Salad
- In a skillet with the Butter you really are just toasting the pecans & I took a chance & tossed in my Biscuit closely cut into cubes, to make croutons...toasting both the pecans and biscuit to be croutons. You can use leftover French Bread or whatever bread works for you to make the croutons. Even cornbread can be used.
- Lay out the celery leaves and the tender part of the celery on to a plate. Then you will put the toasted pecans & homemade croutons on top of the celery.
- Top with some Cheddar Cheese, sprinkle on the Parmesan unless you have fresh and want to use that.
- Use the Dressing of your choice. I just tossed together a mayo/ketchup/hot sauce/seasonings/lemon juice to make a quick one. But if I had Blue Cheese it would have either been tossed on the salad or tossed into a dressing to use for the salad. That was all I did, & if you find some other yummy stuff I can try on this, do lettuce know!
- Note: You can add whatever you want to this. I was just pleased with how the celery tender parts worked so well. Tomatoes, either chopped ones or halved cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes. Mushrooms. With the celery being used I think I would stay away from green pepper and just let the celery be the star. Before posting this recipe, while I am having the thought, I think I would also like some radish cut up in this. For also a RAD DISH. (i do love puns)!
- FYI: I told the son, he could call this MY MOM MADE THIS SO EAT IT D>MM>T! But I hadn't yet came up with a name. Then later CeleryBration sounding so much like Celebration, & plus I love puns, well, it just fit me. And I DID do a celebration dance, happy dance once I saw how pretty it did look.
- BIG NOTE TO SELF & LAUGH IS ON ME! Do NOT try to capitalize the i using the word I when typing up in the ingredients section. No matter how many times you edit it to make it capital, it just won't work. Senior MOMENT.