They were famous for their carrot salad and this was the first time I saw him eat carrot salad. He's almost 30 now but still loves carrot salad! This is the recipe.
- 4 c
- shredded carrots
- 1 can(s)
- crushed pineapple with juice (20 oz.)
- 1 c
- raisins (yellow, black or cranraisins)
- 3/4 c
- mayo (i use light but whatever you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
How to Make Carrot Salad
- 1Wash, peel, then shred carrots. (Or buy a bag of shredded carrots if in a hurry.) I prefer to shred my own as they're finer in texture.
- 2Mix carrots, raisins, mayo and lemon juice. Chill 30 minutes.
- 3Open pineapple can and stir in 1 tbls. sugar until dissolved. Add this to the
carrot mixture and chill until serving.
- 4(Another option is to add finely diced, peeled apples. Just another way to get fruit and vegetables into their diet!)