BREAD SALAD ala DKELLY
"It is actually an old family recipe, handed down from mother to daughter, and never was actually written down. So, I will do my best to put it into words.
Depending on how many you are feeding, and how much they like tomatoes….you can adjust this according to how many you are feeding, and just adjust the seasonings to your taste".
- 5 large
- ripe beefsteak tomatoes, cut into smallish cubes
- 2 medium
- onions, chopped
- olive oil
- 4 clove
- garlic, crushed and chopped pretty fine
- 4 large
- leaves fresh basil (do not used dried or frozen, if you cannot get fresh basil, make something else.)
- balsamic vinegar-to taste
- salt and pepper-to taste
- baguette bread
How to Make BREAD SALAD ala DKELLY
- 1Cut the bread into small cubes, as they will enlarge when they start absorbing the juice.
I have tried it with French bread and it was ok, but I think the texture of the baguette is nice and soaks up all that wonderful juice from the ‘maters.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, place all ingredients except bread. Mix thoroughly with your hands, (hands are the only thing to use for this) until you begin to see juice on the bottom of the bowl. Then add the cubed bread and mix well. Cover and place bowl in fridge at least 12 hrs. before serving, stir up from bottom of bowl. Place bowl on table with serving spoon, and get out of the way…..