BLUE CHEESE COLE SLAW
This is a different twist on an old favorite. This recipe for coleslaw has a whole new taste that my family really enjoys. The blue cheese gives it some zip, and the bacon just takes the flavor over the top. I am happy to share this recipe with you! Enjoy!
- pound of grated cabbage
- large carrots grated
- medium red pepper thinly sliced
- slices of cooked bacon crumbled
- cup of real mayonaise
- cup of 2% milk
- envelope ranch dressing
- ounces of blue cheese crumbled
How to Make BLUE CHEESE COLE SLAW
- 1Fry the bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel and when cool crumble and refrigerate, and add just before you serve the salad.
- 2Wash the cabbage, carrots and red pepper. Grate the cabbage and carrots, slice the bell pepper thin. Set aside.
- 3Make the dressing. This recipe makes around 2 1/2 cups of dressing; you will have some left over. Add the mayonaise, milk and ranch dressing to a large jar, shake to mix. Add the crumbled blue cheese and mix again. Add the amount of dressing to your taste to the cole slaw mix and toss well. Cover the coleslae and let it rest to blend flavors for at least an hour. Add bacon just before serving. Enjoy!