Black-Eyed Peas & Rice Salad1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
3 chot, cooked rice
1.5 cblack-eyed peas, cooked
1 Tbspdijon mustard
·pepper, freshly ground
3 Tbspred wine vinegar
3/4 cextra virgin olive oil
1onion, minced, medium
1garlic clove, minced
1 largecarrot, peeled and grated
1/4 cchives, minced
How to Make Black-Eyed Peas & Rice Salad
- Can be prepared a day ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- Allow it to come to room temperature before serving.
- Cook the rice and the peas in advance.
Whisk the mustard, salt, pepper and vinegar until dissolved.
- Drizzle in the oil while whisking.
- Toss the black-eyed peas and the rice with the vinaigrette until everything is nicely coated.
- Mix in the onion, garlic, carrot and chives or parsley.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Serve surrounded with radicchio or lettuce.