Asian Cucumber Salad
4medium sized cucumbers or 2 seedless cucumbers
1/2small red onion
1/4 cupany flavor vinegar (wine or tarragon tastes the best)
1/4 cupsoy sauce (low sodium is healthier)
How to Make Asian Cucumber Salad
- Peel cucumbers and slice as thin as possible. Put into a medium sized salad bowl.
- Slice onion same as cucumbers as thin as possible and separate into rings.
- Sprinkle with salt and using spoon toss gently. Let sit for a few minutes. Crush lightly with hands.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce and pepper. Toss to make sure all cucumbers and onions are coated with vinegar and soy dressing.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour to blend flavors. Serve cold. Does not really need refrigeration so it's great for picnics!