Asian Cucumber Salad
This was a recipe was given to me by my Aunt when our families went to the beach in North Carolina and only had access to a local farm stand for veggies. My aunt said we needed a quick and easy salad that would go with our summer barbequed dinner. This salad does not really need refrigeration and is easy so it's great for picnics!
How to Make Asian Cucumber Salad
- 1Peel cucumbers and slice as thin as possible. Put into a medium sized salad bowl.
- 2Slice onion same as cucumbers as thin as possible and separate into rings.
- 3Sprinkle with salt and using spoon toss gently. Let sit for a few minutes. Crush lightly with hands.
- 4Add vinegar, soy sauce and pepper. Toss to make sure all cucumbers and onions are coated with vinegar and soy dressing.
- 5Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour to blend flavors. Serve cold. Does not really need refrigeration so it's great for picnics!
Show 1 Comment & Review