7 Layer Salad
Its best when eaten right the day its made though, or it gets soggy.
- 1 pkg
- large pkg of ice berg lettuce or 1 head of lettuce slice thinly and then chopped.
- 1 box
- frozen grean peas
- 2 tsp
- finely chopped red onion
- 1 can(s)
- water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 jar(s)
- bacon pcs - real or imitation
- 2 c
- finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c
- light sour cream
- 1 c
- real mayonaise (not miracle whip)
How to Make 7 Layer Salad
- 1Place lettuce in large bowl, layer next 5 ingredients in order over top of each other as you go.
- 2Mix sour cream and Mayo together. You can add more or less of each to your liking. Its the dressing.
Spread over cheese.
- 3Mix all ingredients together right before serving. Have to mix well until dressing is coating everything.
- 4Keep leftovers in fridge, best eaten the same day or tends to get soggy. You can choose to not mix at all and layer in a cake pan. I have seen this.
But notice its not the same...much better mixed in the bowl all at once!