Yum Yum Salad
This was given to me by a dear friend who had gotten it from her mother-in-law. I was recently told I could share so I have because I have enjoyed this so often over the years. Really great at potlucks. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
How to Make Yum Yum Salad
- Combine crushed pineapple and sugar in medium sauce pan and bring to boil.
- Add 4 envelopes knox gelatin dissolved in 1 cup of water. Stir until well mixed and remove from heat. Pour into large heat resistant bowl.
- Set in refrigerator. When starting to gel (this takes approx. 1 1/2 hours) add 2 packages of cheddar cheese. I prefer the finely grated cheese. Mix well.
- Fold in heavy whipping cream, whipped.
- Return to refrigerator to set.
- Once set, decorate top. I add m. cherries and mandarin oranges.