☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspknox sparkling gelatine
1/2 ccold water
3-1/2 ccanned tomatoes
2 Tbsponion juice
1 pinchcayenne pepper
2 Tbsplemon juice or mild vinegar
How to Make Tomato Jelly
- Soak gelatine in cold water about 5 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients, except lemon juice (or vinegar); bring to boiling point and let boil 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and soaked gelatine, and when gelatine is dissolved, strain.
- Turn into wet molds and chill.
- Remove from molds to bed of crisp lettuce leaves and garnish with mayonnaise dressing; or the jelly may be cut into any desired shapes and used as a garnish for salads or cold meats.
- Dressing may be forced through a pastry bag and tube.
- Variation - Tomato Shrimp Salad: When tomato jelly begins to stiffen, add 1 cup flaked shrimps and 1/2 cup finely cut celery. Turn into small wet molds. Chicken or tuna fish may be used instead of shrimp.