Orange Pretzel Salad
I actually prefer this over the Strawberry pretzel salad.
The recipe is another from my Taste of Home - Aug/Sept 2007 magazine..been tested and approved by my friends and family.
- 2 c
- crushed pretzels
- 3 tsp
- plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 c
- butter, melted
- 2 pkg
- (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 2 c
- boiling water
- 2 can(s)
- (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can(s)
- ( 11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 c
- whipped topping, thawed
- additional whipped topping, optional
How to Make Orange Pretzel Salad
- 1In a small bowl, combine pretzels and 3 teaspoons sugar; stir in butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add pineapple and oranges. Chill until partially set, about 30 minutes.
- 3In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Gently spoon gelatin mixture over cream cheese layer.
Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until firm.
- 4Cut into squares. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired.