Molded Vegetable Surprise1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 ozpackage lime gelatin
9 ozcan frozen cranberry juice
1 Tbspunflavored gelatin
1 ccabbage, shredded
How to Make Molded Vegetable Surprise
- Place lime gelatin and 3/4 cup water in a 1 quart, heat-resistant non-metallic measuring cup.
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave 2 minutes or until mixture boils.
- Add enough ice cubes to bring liquid level up to 2 cups.
- Stir until most of the ice cubes are melted and mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg whites (level of lime mixture should be 1 1/2 cups-add enough water, if necessary, to get that measurement).
- Pour lime gelatin into 3 cup mold.
- Place sliced cucumbers in gelatin.
- Chill until almost set.
- Soften unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup water.
- Place 3/4 cup water and frozen cranberry juice into a 1-quart heat-resistant, non-metallic measuring cup.
- Heat, uncovered in microwave 1 minute or until juice has melted.
- Stir in unflavored gelatin mixture, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 cup shredded cabbage.
- Chill in refrigerator until consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Pour cranberry mixture on top of lime mixture.
- Chill 3 hours or overnight until set.