Molded Vegetable Surprise1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 oz
- package lime gelatin
- 3/4 c
- ice cubes
- 9 oz
- can frozen cranberry juice
- 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- cabbage, shredded
- cucumber, sliced
How to Make Molded Vegetable Surprise
- 1Place lime gelatin and 3/4 cup water in a 1 quart, heat-resistant non-metallic measuring cup.
- 2Heat, uncovered, in microwave 2 minutes or until mixture boils.
- 3Add enough ice cubes to bring liquid level up to 2 cups.
- 4Stir until most of the ice cubes are melted and mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg whites (level of lime mixture should be 1 1/2 cups-add enough water, if necessary, to get that measurement).
- 5Pour lime gelatin into 3 cup mold.
- 6Place sliced cucumbers in gelatin.
- 7Chill until almost set.
- 8Soften unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup water.
- 9Place 3/4 cup water and frozen cranberry juice into a 1-quart heat-resistant, non-metallic measuring cup.
- 10Heat, uncovered in microwave 1 minute or until juice has melted.
- 11Stir in unflavored gelatin mixture, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 cup shredded cabbage.
- 12Chill in refrigerator until consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- 13Pour cranberry mixture on top of lime mixture.
- 14Chill 3 hours or overnight until set.