Layered Gelatine Salad
Many years ago, someone in the family collected recipes from descendants of my great grandparents, William M. and Florence E. (Snodgrass) Whaley and had them compiled into a cookbook. I am posting those recipes here so that they will not be lost. This recipe was submitted by Linda Bisceglia.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 pkg
- (3 oz size) strawberry flavored jell-o gelatin
- 3/4 c
- boiling water
- 1 pkg
- (10 oz size) frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 can(s)
- (8 oz size) crushed pineapple
- 2 or 3
- bananas, mashed
- 1 c
- sour cream
How to Make Layered Gelatine Salad
- 1Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- 2Blend in fruit including juice.
- 3Chill until partially set.
- 4Pour 1/2 of gelatin/fruit mixture into individual molds. Chill molds until completely set.
- 5Cover with sour cream.
- 6Gently spoon remaining gelatin/fruit mixture on top of sour cream, to make 3 layers.
- 7Chill until firm. Unmold on lettuce leaves. Add a dollop of additional sour cream if desired.