Layered Gelatine Salad
Many years ago, someone in the family collected recipes from descendants of my great grandparents, William M. and Florence E. (Snodgrass) Whaley and had them compiled into a cookbook. I am posting those recipes here so that they will not be lost. This recipe was submitted by Linda Bisceglia.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkg(3 oz size) strawberry flavored jell-o gelatin
3/4 cboiling water
1 pkg(10 oz size) frozen strawberries, thawed
1 can(s)(8 oz size) crushed pineapple
2 or 3bananas, mashed
1 csour cream
How to Make Layered Gelatine Salad
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Blend in fruit including juice.
- Chill until partially set.
- Pour 1/2 of gelatin/fruit mixture into individual molds. Chill molds until completely set.
- Cover with sour cream.
- Gently spoon remaining gelatin/fruit mixture on top of sour cream, to make 3 layers.
- Chill until firm. Unmold on lettuce leaves. Add a dollop of additional sour cream if desired.