Drema's Cranberry Congealed Salad
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 pkglarge cherry jello
1 can(s)lg crushed pineapple (drained) reserve liquid
1 can(s)cranberry sauce (whole berry)
1granny smith apple (chopped coarse unpeeled)
1red delicious apple (chopped coarse unpeeled)
1 1/2 cpecans (chopped coarse pieces)
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1/4 corange zest
2 cboiling water
1/2 creserve pineapple juice (from above)
How to Make Drema's Cranberry Congealed Salad
- This works better in pyrex or glass oblong dish approximately 13 x 9 x 2. I spray a small amount of non-stick unflavord coating and gently wipe out excess with paper towel. Set aside dish.
- In large mixing bowl place boiling water and dissolve all jello by stirring thoroughly. Set aside.
- In separate bowl mix wholeberry cranberry sauce, crushed pineapple and the 1/2 cup reserve liquid, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, chopped apples, orange zest and pecans. Mix well. Fold and stir gently into the dissolved jello mixture above.
- Chill overnite in fridge. The mixture will be very firm. At serving time I cut squares and serve on a nice serving platter decorated with curly lettuce leaves or you can create your own serving ideas.
- Optional ingredient that can be added is 1/2 cup chopped celery. Enjoy!