Dave's Pink Salad
This was my late husbands favorite salad. His mom would make it at Thanksgiving and Christmas, I guess you could say that this is a Laugherty family recipe that has been passed down from Mother-in-law to Daugther-in-law. I've given both ingredints for a small and large batch. This is my first recipe post.
- 5 oz. can(s)
- crushed pineapple with juice
- 3 oz.
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 oz. box
- cherry gelatin (use a green for christmas)
- 1 cup
- boiling water
- 1/2 cup
- cold water
- handful of chopped pecans
How to Make Dave's Pink Salad
- 1With hand mixer, mix soften cream cheese and crushed pineapple with juice until blended, set aside. In a bowl with boiling water add jello stir until disolved, about 2 mins. add cold water. Add cream cheese and pineapple to jello, add pecans. Pour into serving dish and chill until firm, about a hour or two.
- 2LARGER RECIPE
1 lg. can crushed pineapple w/ juice
8oz. soften cream cheese
lg box of jello
Add enough boiling water to disolve box of jello (I don't have a large box of jello to give how much water is needed) and then add cold water.
Follow the steps for a small batch of salad, but let set for a bit longer, when I make a large batch I make it the night before I'm going to serve it.