Cranberry Fruit Delight
1 bag(s)fresh cranberries
1 largeseedless orange
1 largered delicious apple, unpeeled, cored and cubed
3/4 ccrushed pineapple
1 corange juice
1/4 cpineapple juice
1 pkg(4 serving size) strawberry gelatin
1 cchopped walnuts or pecans
3walnut or pecan halves, for garnish
1maraschino cherry, for garnish
How to Make Cranberry Fruit Delight
- Place cranberries, orange, apple and crushed pineapple in a medium bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar and mix well; set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 cup orange juice and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan until it comes to a boil.
- Add Jell-O and stir until it completly dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile drain all liquid from cranberry-fruit mixture, reserving 3/4 cup, discard any remaining liquid.
- Add 3/4 cup liquid to Jell-O. Chill in refrigerator for about 30 minutes and then add to cranberry-fruit mixture; mixing until well blended.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
This salad will set up more as it chills, but will not set up completely.
Just before serving add chopped walnuts, mix and garnish with 3 walnut halves and a maraschino cherry or fresh cranberry.