Black Cherry Jell-O
Many years ago, someone in the family collected recipes from descendants of my great grandparents, William M. and Florence E. (Snodgrass) Whaley and had them compiled into a cookbook. I am posting those recipes here so that they will not be lost. This recipe was submitted by Ray and Noma Benton.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes
- 1 large
- pkg black cherry jell-o
- 2 c
- boiling water
- 1/2 can(s)
- (8 1/4 oz) can crushed pineapple
- 1 can(s)
- dark cherry pie filling
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 1 or 2 Tbsp
How to Make Black Cherry Jell-O
- 1Mix Jell-O with boiling water, stirring until dissolved. Refrigerate until Jell-O starts to thicken.
- 2Add pineapple and cherry pie filling. Refrigerate until set.
- 3Mix cream cheese and sour cream with 1 or 2 tablespoons of sugar (to your taste). Spread on top of set Jell-O. Chill until ready to serve.