Watercress Salad w/Manchego, Membrillo & Almonds
- 1 clove
- garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 stick
- sherry vinegar
- 1/4 c
- extra virgin olive oil (spanish if you have it)
- 2 bunch
- watercress, stemmed and washed
- 1/2 c
- slivered almonds, toasted (i used marcona almonds)
- 4 oz
- manchego cheese, shaved into thin slices (i tried with a combination of manchego and murcia al vino)
- 4 oz
- membrillo, cut into small dice
How to Make Watercress Salad w/Manchego, Membrillo & Almonds
- 1Combine the garlic, sherry vinegar, and a couple pinches of salt in a medium, nonreactive bowl. Whisking constantly, add the olive oil in a steady stream until completely incorporated.
- 2Combine the watercress, almonds, half of the cheese shavings, and half of the diced membrillo in a large serving bowl (also non-reactive!). Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- 3Divide the salad among 4 plates and garnish with the remaining cheese and membrillo. Serve immediately.