Tina's Party Salad
The addition of poached, sliced chicken breasts makes it a main dish salad.
I got this from my mother-in-law, Catherine Swain who got it from her daughter-in-law Kristi Zahn. Boy, I am so glad I married into this family!
- 2 small
- heads lettuce, i like one iceburg and one romaine
- 2 c
- canned mandarin oranges
- red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb
- bacon sliced crosswise in 1/2 in pieces
- 1/4 c
- slivered almonds toasted or browned in bacon drippings
- 1/3 c
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- each of dried onion, dry mustard, paprika,celery salt and table salt
- 1/2 c
- salad oil
How to Make Tina's Party Salad
- 1tear lettuce and place in large bowl. Compose oranges, bacon, almonds and onion on top.
- 2Mix remaining dressing ingredients and place in a small pan. Heat over medium heat just until sugar dissolves. Dress salad and toss. It looks so pretty I like to dress it and toss it at the table.
- 3If you are taking it to a party then I would recommend taking the orange sections in separate container as well as the dressing and combine right before the hostess serves the meal.