Tijuana Caesar Salad
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Light, fresh and crispy... just the way a salad should be! We loved the addition of the crunchy tortilla strips, and the jicama and pepper made a lovely, sweet addition. You can really taste the lemon in this, so you may want to cut back just a bit if you'd prefer a more subtle tartness. The Test Kitchen
1/2 tspgarlic salt
1/2 tspground cumin
1/3 ccaesar dressing
2 Tbsplemon rind, grated
1 Tbsplemon juice
6 cchopped romaine
1 cjicama, cut into cubes
1 mediumred bell pepper, cut into strips
1/4 cshredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make Tijuana Caesar Salad
- Heat oven to 375. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Spray tortillas lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with garlic salt and cumin.
- Cut each tortilla in half, then crosswise into 1/2-inch strips. Place on cookie sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes.
- Mix dressing, lemon peel, and lemon juice.
- Toss romaine, jicama, bell pepper, tortilla strips, cheese and dressing mixture in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with additional shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.