Spinach Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts
- 1 large
- bag of baby spinach (or i often like to use a mix of romaine and red leaf lettuce).
- bag of craisins (sweetened dried cranberries)
- 6 oz pkg
- of crumbled gorgonzola cheese (or blue cheese or feta if you prefer).
- 1 c
- sugared pecans or walnuts (which ever you prefer). you can purchase candied nuts already prepared or you can make your own by following the directions below.
- sm. pkt. of good seasons italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 c
- balsamic vinegar. (balsamic vinegar is used in place of the red-wine vinigar called for on the pkg)
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- vegetable oil
How to Make Spinach Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts
- 1FOR DRESSING: Mix Good Seasons pkt with water, vinegar & 2 tbsp sugar in jar w/tightly fitted lid. (I prefer to use the crudette jar that is sold along w/the Good Season's dressing mixes). Then add oil and shake well.
- 2If preparing your own candied nuts: Melt 3/4 cup sugar in a saute pan coated with cooking spray, on high heat. Simply stir w/wooden spoon until sugar begins to melt down & liquify. Add nuts & toss to coat well, & spread evenly onto wax paper to cool. Break into pieces with mullet if needed.
- 3Just before serving toss lettuce with amt of dressing desired. Then add cranberrys, nuts & cheese and toss again. Serve immediately.