Spinach Salad with Candied Walnuts, Dried Cranberries and Gorganzola
I find this to be a very interesting combination of tastes and textures and is a great pairing with many main dishes. Add cooked chicken and make it a main dish. Be sure to have copies of the recipe ready because everyone wants one!
- 4 c
- baby spinach
- 1 c
- candied walnuts
- 1 c
- dried cranberries
- 1 c
- crumbled gorganzola
- 6 Tbsp
- walnut oil
- 2 Tbsp
- black fig vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- some brands of walnut oil and black fig vinegar require refridgeration
How to Make Spinach Salad with Candied Walnuts, Dried Cranberries and Gorganzola
- 1Candied walnuts - Mix together 1 c walnuts, 2 Tbs honey, 1 Tbs sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper and a generous pinch of cayenne pepper.
- 2Preheat oven to 325.Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray, spread nut combination on sheet and cook until nuts are deep golden, approx 12-15 min. Cool, breaking up clumps. (Can be made 3 days ahead and stored in airtight container)
- 3Add 3 cups spinach to bowl. Add 1/2 c walnuts, 1/2 c cranberries, and 1/2 c gorgonzola and salad dressing to taste. Toss well. Add remaining spinach and the rest of ingredients. Toss lightly and adjust seasonings to taste. You may have extra dressing.
- 4Add very thinly sliced poached or sliced pears for a great summery addition!