Spinach Salad W/ Roasted Garlic And Bacon Dressing
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1/4 colive oil
3 Tbspolive oil
12 largegarlic cloves, peeled
4 slicebacon, chopped
1/4 csherry vinegar
2 Tbspshallot, minced
1 Tbspdjon mustard
1 1/2 tsphoney
1 1/2 tsplight molasses
1 1/2 tspfresh tarragon, or 3/4 tsp dried, chopped
1 1/2 cbaby spinach leaves (6 ounces)
1red onion, thinly sliced
1 cblue cheese, crumbled
How to Make Spinach Salad W/ Roasted Garlic And Bacon Dressing
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine 1/4 cup oil and garlic in small baking dish.
- Cover with foil; bake until garlic is very tender, about 35 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer garlic to work surface and finely chop.
- Transfer garlic to medium bowl. Reserve roasted garlic oil.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels.
- Pour drippings into medium bowl.
- Add vinegar, shallot, mustard, honey, molasses and tarragon and whisk to blend.
- Add roasted garlic, garlic oil, bacon and remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and whisk to blend well.
- Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place spinach, sliced onion and blue cheese in large bowl.
- Toss with enough dressing to coat.