1 pkgspinach, 10 ounces
1/4 lbmushrooms, thinly sliced
1 smallred onion
8 slicebacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Tbspdijon mustard
2 tspred wine vinegar
1 tspworcestershire sauce
3 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Spinach Bacon Salad with Warm Dressing
- Trim the spinach of coarse stems and blemished leaves, and wash.
- Pat the spinach dry with paper toweling, tear into bite-size pieces, and put into a large serving bowl along with the mushrooms and onion.
- Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a 12 inch skillet over moderately high heat until crisp -- about 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper toweling and reserve.
- Pour off all but 5 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the mustard, sugar, vinegar, worcestershire sauce and lemon juice to the drippings.
- Stir to mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, crumble the bacon over it, and toss thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare the salad and dressing, but do not combine. Cover the salad with plastic food wrap and refrigerate. Before serving, heat dressing and toss with the salad.