SMOKED SAUSAGE LETTUCE SALAD
- 2 bunch
- romaine lettuce leaves, washed and torn into bite side pieces
- red bell pepper, cored and sliced into strips
- 1 bunch
- small, green onions (about 12 to pack) chopped
- 1 pkg
- 16 oz smoked, kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch slices
- egg, hard boiled, peeled and cut in half
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 3 inch wide slices of cheddar cheese
- garlic flavored croutons
- 2 Tbsp
- light olive oil
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make SMOKED SAUSAGE LETTUCE SALAD
- 11. Place torn lettuce in a large salad bowl and set aside. This lettuce should be crisp and crunchy.
- 22. Place the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large and heavy fry pan on medium high heat. When oil is hot add sausage slices, green onion pieces and red pepper strips. Turn with spatula to coat with oil. Continue to fry until sausage is brown. Remove from pan onto paper towels and drain.
- 33.When is sausage mixture has begun to cool but remains warm. Spread over top of torn lettuce, equally divided.
- 4Place egg halves and wedge of sharp cheddar cheese around edge of sausage mixture and on top of lettuce. Kind of tuck them under a little.
- 5DRESSING: mix the olive oil, Balsamic Vinegar, salt and pepper in a container and shake to mix well. Sprinkle over salad.
- 6Add grated Parmesan cheese and garlic Croutons on top...Eat immediately