Romaine Wilted Salad
Blue Ribbon Recipe
We're with Nicole's daughters: we'd love to have this salad every week! It's tangy with a bit of sweetness.... perfect on its own or alongside your favorite meat dish. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Romaine Wilted Salad
- 1Boil eggs until hard, about 10 minutes.
- 2While eggs are boiling, cut romaine into small pieces.
- 3Cut bacon into bite size pieces and cook until crispy. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the rendered fat.
- 4Peel eggs and cut into quarters, add to romaine. Chop onion and add to the romaine and eggs. Sprinkle bacon on top.
- 5While bacon fat is still hot, add sugar and carefully add vinegar, cook until almost boiling and sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad while dressing is still hot and serve right away.