Lacy Parmesan Salad Baskets
(Photo from bing images)
- 1 cup
- + 2 tbl. shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbl.
- finely chopped pecans
- 4 cups
- fresh mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 1 cup
- halved red and/or green grapes, seedless
- 2/3 Tbl.
- chopped pecans
- 5-6 Tbl.
- raspberry vinaigrette dressing, or to taste
- apple, thinly sliced or diced
- pear, thinly sliced or diced
- 1/4 tsp.
- salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp.
- pepper, or to taste
- 5-6 tsp.
- shredded parmesan cheese for garnish
How to Make Lacy Parmesan Salad Baskets
- 1Heat a small non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle 3 Tbl. cheese and 1 teaspoons chopped pecans over the bottom of the frying pan in the center, but a thin layer. Cook for 1-2 minutes or til the edges are golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Lift out of pan with spatula, invert hot cheese disk over inverted drinking glass or small custard cups. Cool completely. Repeat making 5-6 baskets.
For salad: Just toss ingredients in large bowl, drizzle with salad dressing and season with S&P if needed or desired. Toss to coat.
Pile salad into cooled, firm parmesan baskets, sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon shredded parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
*Baskets can be made ahead and stored between sheets of waxed paper in airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. And mini ones can be made for appies!