4 cfinely shredded kale
1 1/2 cwatermelon, cut in small cubes
1 1/2 cblueberries
1bell pepper, any color
1/4 cchopped walnuts
1/2 cpumpkin seeds
1 1/2 Tbspolive oil
1/4 tspdry mustard
How to Make Kale-Watermelon Salad
- Remove the stems and shred the kale.
- Place the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix until honey completely dissolves.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and massage it in so the kale softens. Place kale in the refrigerator while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Thinly slice the pepper and cube the watermelon. Slice the carrots.
- Add the fruit and vegetables to the kale and toss to mix.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the pumpkin seeds and chopped walnuts. Cook until toasted. Stir occasionally to keep from burning.
- Sprinkle the nuts and seeds over the salad right before serving.