Horiatiki (Greek Country Salad)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2heads romaine lettuce
1/2english cucumber, scored
2 Tbspfresh mint, chopped
2 tspfresh greek oregano, chopped
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
2 Tbspfreshly squeezed lemon juice
·kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
6 ozfeta cheese, plain or some you have marinating in you frig
12ripe olives, plain or some you have marinating in your frig
How to Make Horiatiki (Greek Country Salad)
- Wash and spin lettuce dry. Roll up lettuce leaves and slice across to make shred. Arrange on a serving dish.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters and arrange on lettuce. Slice cucumber and then arrange on lettuce.
- Chop green onion and sprinkle them over the salad along with the mint and oregano.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad.
- Cut feta cheese and arrange on salad with olives. Serve immediately.