Horiatiki (Greek Country Salad)
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- heads romaine lettuce
- roma tomatoes
- english cucumber, scored
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tsp
- fresh greek oregano, chopped
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 oz
- feta cheese, plain or some you have marinating in you frig
- ripe olives, plain or some you have marinating in your frig
How to Make Horiatiki (Greek Country Salad)
- 1Wash and spin lettuce dry. Roll up lettuce leaves and slice across to make shred. Arrange on a serving dish.
- 2Cut tomatoes into quarters and arrange on lettuce. Slice cucumber and then arrange on lettuce.
- 3Chop green onion and sprinkle them over the salad along with the mint and oregano.
- 4In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over salad.
- 5Cut feta cheese and arrange on salad with olives. Serve immediately.