Homemade Ranch with Iceberg Wedge
serve as a dip for carrots and celery sticks
Mix in crumbled blue cheese and serve with Buffalo wings
Drizzle on a submarine sandwich
Pour into a hollowed out red cabbage and serve on a fancy crudités platter.
Serves 8Unknown source
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk, deepening on hot thick you want the dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. worcestershire
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- dash hot sauce, optional
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
How to Make Homemade Ranch with Iceberg Wedge
- 1Sprinkle salt over the garlic.
With a fork, mash garlic and salt together to make a paste. The finer, the better as the garlic is very strong in the finished dressing
- 2Add all the dressing ingredients to a bowl.
Stir together gently, adjusting seasonings as needed. Make ranch dressing to your own special tastes, adding more of what you like.
- 3Chill the dressing for at least 2 hours before serving. Thin with milk if needed.
Wash and dry the iceberg lettuce and cut into wedges. Arrange wedges on platter and drizzle the ranch dressing over the top.
- 4Be generous with the dressing, since it needs to reach all the lettuce in the wedge. Serves 8