Grilled Romaine with Creamy Herb Dressing
- 1 large
- head romaine lettuce, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 tsp
- olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3/8 tsp
- salt, divided
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 tt tsp
- fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
How to Make Grilled Romaine with Creamy Herb Dressing
- 1Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- 2Brush the cut sides of lettuce evenly with oil. Place the lettuce, cut sides down, on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cut each lettuce half lengthwise in half again to form 4 quarters. Sprinkle the cut sides of lerttuce with 1/4 teaspoon balck pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- 3Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, mayonnaise, and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 4Place 1 lettuce quarter on each of 4 salad plates; drizzle each serving with about 4 teaspoons dressing. Serve immediately.