☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8corn tortillas (6-inch)
8 ozfeta, cut into 8 slices
2 cshredded lettuce (romaine or iceberg)
8 sliceripe tomato (thin slices)
24pitted kalamata olives
1/4 cextra virgin olive oil
1 tspdried oregano leaves
·salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Greek Salad Tacos
- Soften the tortillas over a stove burner (a few black spots are okay.
- Place a slice of feta in the center of a tortilla, along with a pinch of lettuce, a slice of tomato, and 3 olives.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle the tacos with spoonfuls of dressing, and serve with remaining dressing on the side.
The key is to use a tool that's as hard as the pits to get them out. Try the bottom of a small pot or pan. A six-inch skillet is a good size.
Put the olives on a cutting board in groups of three or four and put the bottom of the pan flat on top of them. With the heel of your hand, smash the olives between the pan and the board, using the curved edge of the pan for leverage. Once flattened, the olives will give up their pits.