Grapefruit Salad w/Warm Shallot Vinaigrette
He's been gone for years now, but I still search for grapefruit recipes and think of him every time!! And I hear him saying, "I'm a KING!"
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/4 c
- walnuts, toasted, chopped
- grapefruit, peeled removing all pith, cut up, reserving juice
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 2 Tbsp
- raspberry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- grapefruit zest, grated
- shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 c
- mixed salad greens
- 1 oz
- gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
How to Make Grapefruit Salad w/Warm Shallot Vinaigrette
- 1Whisk together 1 1/2 tsp grapefruit juice, 1 TBS oil, vinegar and zest. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2Heat remaining oil in skillet over med-low heat. Add shallots and cook 5 minutes, or until soft. Add vinegar mixture; sizzle 10 seconds. Pour over salad greens and toss to coat.
- 3Top with Gorgonzola, grapefruit and toasted walnuts.