Goat Cheese & Spinach Salad With Warm Vinaigrette
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 lbbucheron, or other french goat cheese
1 1/2 lbspinach
1 tspdijon mustard
1/4 tspdried basil
·freshly ground pepper
3 Tbspred wine vinegar
1/2 colive oil
How to Make Goat Cheese & Spinach Salad With Warm Vinaigrette
- Several hours before serving, remove the Bucheron from the refrigerator (it should be very cold); pull off the skin that encircles the cheese.
- With a sharp knife, cut the Bucheron into 6 thin slices and place on a large
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until ready to assemble the salad. (If the edges crumble a bit, don't worry--put the crumbled cheese aside with the slices.)
- Wash the spinach in a sink filled with cold water, pulling the stems off the leaves.
- Drain in a colander and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Tear the leaves into pieces and set aside in a salad bowl.
- Combine the shallot, mustard, basil, sugar, salt, pepper to taste, vinegar, and oil in a small bowl and reserve.
- When ready to serve, toss the spinach with 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette - enough to barely coat the leaves.
- Arrange the spinach on 6 salad plates and arrange a slice of cheese on top of each bed of spinach.
- In a small saucepan, warm the remaining vinaigrette over moderate heat.
- As it comes just to a simmer, drizzle it in equal portions over the cheese and spinach.
- Serve immediately.