- 2 c
- 1 1/2 c
- well-shaken buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped fresh chives
- 6 medium
- cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- heads iceberg lettuce, cored and cut into 2-inch chunks
How to Make Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
- 1Whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste until smooth, then whisk in chives.
- 2Put cucumbers, tomatoes, and lettuce into bowls and serve with dressing.
- 3Cooks' note:
Buttermilk dressing (without chives) can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Whisk in chives before serving.