Classic Greek Salad
And it's not a Greek Salad without the Anchovy -- Say's I !! And to the naysayers and those turning up their nose -- I say "Just Deal With It". And as you tell the youngsters "Try It You'll Like It".
It's a Taste Tempter.
·endive or escarole (same thing) (optional)
·kalamata olives or mediterranean mix
·whole pepperoncini peppers
·tomato sliced or cherry
·sliced onion yellow, white or red
·sliced cucumber (optional)
·feta cheese cake form -- slice and cube
·oil and vineger of choice or a good italian dressing (see note)
How to Make Classic Greek Salad
- I didn't list quantities because you can make this for one or a crowd.
- Tear the lettuce leaves. Ditto the Endive if using, un-jar the Olives and Pepperoncini Peppers. Slice the tomatoes, onions and cucumber. Slice and cube the Feta Cheese.
- Add Anchovy fillets. If for one -- Arrange Artfully. If for a crowd, mix gently. Plate up and add Salad Dressing of choice. Note: My two preferences for dressing.
- Serve with Crackers, Bread Sticks or sliced French or Italian Bread. To keep it in the family you could serve with warm Pita Bread lightly buttered.
- Note: The marinade I use for my "Greek Steak", which see, is an excellent dressing for this and is my choice. With a little added vinegar, your choice.
- Hint: I reserve the remaining Anchovies for Pizza or my "Bagna Cauda", which see. The Greeks aren't the only ones that tolerate Anchovies.