Cinnamon Blue Cheese Salad
- romaine lettuce head
- 1 medium
- red onion sliced
- 1/4-1/2 lb
- crumbled blue cheese
- baby portobello mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 or 3 c
- cinnamon bread or buns roughly cubed into med size pieces
- 1/2 c
- rice vinegar
- 1/4 + c
- sesame oil blend
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 or 2 Tbsp
How to Make Cinnamon Blue Cheese Salad
- 1to make the salad prepare the lettuce making sure it is dry as possible,using a rough chop make lettuce into bite size pieces and place into a large bowl.
- 2add in sliced onion and blue cheese and mushroom toss gently with your hands getting mixed into together. set a side.
- 3in a heavy skillet melt the butter get the pan nice and hot but don't burn the butter.
- 4Place cinnamon cubes in hot pan and swirling them around and flipping them over so all sides get lightly coated in the butter.
- 5Spread cubes out evenly on pan surface and let them toast lightly on all sides sirring occasionally to accomplish this.
- 6Remove from heat and set a side.
- 7In a med bowl add rice vinegar,salt,pepper and 1 table spoon honey whisk together blending well
- 8add in both oils and whisk vigorously blending it all together.
- 9Taste the dressing if it is to tart add about a table spoon more of sesame oil blend and taste again if still tart add more honey until taste is right to you. This dressing should be mild, you should get a sense of the sesame and sweetness but it should not over power in any way.
- 10PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER!
- 11Place salad in individual bowls
- 12Give dressing one last whisk and drizzle over each salad not to heavy just enough to lightly coat the salad.
- 13Add a healthy hand full of croutons to each salad and serve