Cinnamon Blue Cheese Salad
1/2romaine lettuce head
1 mediumred onion sliced
1/4-1/2 lbcrumbled blue cheese
4baby portobello mushrooms sliced
2 or 3 ccinnamon bread or buns roughly cubed into med size pieces
1/2 crice vinegar
1/4 + csesame oil blend
1/4 colive oil
1 or 2 Tbsphoney
How to Make Cinnamon Blue Cheese Salad
- to make the salad prepare the lettuce making sure it is dry as possible,using a rough chop make lettuce into bite size pieces and place into a large bowl.
- add in sliced onion and blue cheese and mushroom toss gently with your hands getting mixed into together. set a side.
- in a heavy skillet melt the butter get the pan nice and hot but don't burn the butter.
- Place cinnamon cubes in hot pan and swirling them around and flipping them over so all sides get lightly coated in the butter.
- Spread cubes out evenly on pan surface and let them toast lightly on all sides sirring occasionally to accomplish this.
- Remove from heat and set a side.
- In a med bowl add rice vinegar,salt,pepper and 1 table spoon honey whisk together blending well
- add in both oils and whisk vigorously blending it all together.
- Taste the dressing if it is to tart add about a table spoon more of sesame oil blend and taste again if still tart add more honey until taste is right to you. This dressing should be mild, you should get a sense of the sesame and sweetness but it should not over power in any way.
- PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER!
- Place salad in individual bowls
- Give dressing one last whisk and drizzle over each salad not to heavy just enough to lightly coat the salad.
- Add a healthy hand full of croutons to each salad and serve