California Salad ( off the cuff )
- iceburg lettuce
- navel orange
- 1 small
- red onion
- haas avocado ( the smaller brown ones )
- slivered almonds
- dried cranberries
- virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
How to Make California Salad ( off the cuff )
- 1place almonds & olive oil in saute pan
- 2tear up as much lettuce as you need, into salad bowl.
peel orange divide into sections, remove any seeds & cut into halves or thirds, add to lettuce
- 3slice red onion into very thin slices, cut larger ring into pieces if needed, add to lettuce.
peel & cut avocado into cubes, add to lettuce, toss in cranberries.
- 4brown almonds in olive oil, pour over salad & immediately pour red wine vinegar on salad & toss
the balsamic vinegar is not as sharp & a bit sweet ( I like it better but not as pretty)