YUMMY GRAPE SALAD
- 3-4 lbs of seedless green grapes.
- 3-4 lbs of seedless red grapes
- 8 oz of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (i use pecans instead and usually add 1-/12 to 2 cups)
How to Make YUMMY GRAPE SALAD
- 1Rinse batches of grapes in colander, let drain. Line paper toweling on your counter, pick off the grapes from the vines, and place individual grapes on the paper toweling. I then put more paper toweling over the grapes and roll slightly to make sure that the grapes are thoroughly dried. (you definitely need dry grapes so that the sauce will adhere to them and not get runny!) In the largest bowl you have (I use my largest tupperware bowl), gently mix the grapes together.
- 2Beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla together with mixer (I use a hand mixer so I don't have to get out my mixmaster.) This may not look like enough sauce for all of those grapes, but believe me, it makes plenty!
- 3Add chopped nuts to the sauce. I do this so that the nuts will stick to the grapes and not fall to the bottom of the bowl. This recipe called for 1 cup of chopped walnuts, but I prefer pecans, and I add 1-1/2 to 2 cups ... I'm just a "nutty" kind of gal! If you don't like nuts, or if you have a nut allergy, omit this step. You will still love this salad!
- 4Gingerly fold the sauce into the grapes. I use my clean hands so as to not smoosh the grapes! Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. I think it's better refrigerated overnight ... but a couple of hours should be enough time. YUMMY ... ENJOY!